Reflective Journal example (4): Trip to Copenhagen and Dublin

In this series of entries, I'll share some of my reflective journal examples and the vocabulary I intended to use in each of the entries. 

And today's topic is 'Trip to Copenhagen and Dublin'.

You can use these samples as your reflective journal template. 

Once you find it more comfortable to write your journal, then it will be time for you to develop your own reflective journal format!

Trip to Copenhagen

Reflective Journal example (4)

I made a trip to Copenhagen and Dublin after I finished my assignments. 

I stayed two nights in Copenhagen and one night in Dublin. 

This was a sudden trip to make up for the last two weeks of November when I had been ill.

I tried to organise everything within my limited budget. 

I flew from Manchester to Copenhagen by a cheap flight, which cost only £16. 

I also stayed at a hostel to tighten my purse strings. It was not too bad for just two nights. 

For the same reason, I joined a free walking tour. 

One thing that I hardly expected is meeting new friends from other countries there and hanging out with them in the city. That really made my day. 

From that experience in Copenhagen, I decided to take part in a walking tour in Dublin as well. 

However, the tour company didn’t turn up and it turned out that the tour didn’t run as I was the only participant. 

I should have asked the company beforehand if the tour would run. 

So, I popped into an Irish pub called Cobblestone instead, which was 20 min walk from the hostel I stayed at. It was amazing. 


Trip to Dublin, Pub in Dublin, Cobblestone, Irish Pub

Words and Phrases

  • make up for: to do something that corrects a bad situation
  • tighten one's purse strings: to save money
  • hardly: almost no 
  • turn up: appear
  • turn out: to be proved

What is Reflective journal? 

Reflection is very important when you try to change your attitude or future actions. 

The meaning of reflection is learning your lessons from the past

Reflective journal is one of the forms of reflection for students, teachers and nursing purposes, ultimately for everyone who is keen on improving yourself.


How to write Reflective Journal? 

Reflective journal is composed of three questions: What happened? What did you feel/think/learn from it? and What now? 

We don't learn from experiences, but we learn from reflecting on them.

----------------------------------
Below links are the first articles of each topic:
Please check out my instagram as well !
----------------------------------

Comments