Reflective journal example (1): Benefits of a part-time job for international students

What is Reflective journal?

Reflection is very important when you try to change your attitude or future actions. The meaning of reflection is learning your lessons from the past. 

Reflective journal is one of the forms of reflection for students, teachers and nursing purposes, ultimately for everyone who is keen on improving yourself.

How to write Reflective Journal?

Reflective journal is composed of three questions: What happened? What did you feel/think/learn from it? and What now?

In this series of entries, I'll share some of my reflective journal examples and the vocabulary I intended to use in each of the entries. 

You can use these samples as your reflective journal template. 

Once you find it more comfortable to write your journal, then it will be time for you to develop your own reflective journal format! 

Reflective Journal example 1

As I had a short break from classes this week, I joined an English language workshop on campus. 

There were 8 people who had different cultural backgrounds and we had a chat about our own country. 

It was interesting to learn new things because they changed my view on certain cultures. 

Also, I was so inspired by one of them, who is working in a Vietnamese restaurant. 

I decided to apply for an Asian restaurant near xxx, a neighbouring town which is 20 minutes bus ride from my accommodation. 

Although I am still not good at communicating in English, I am looking forward to working at the restaurant because it will bring me out of my shell.

Reflective journal for students. Reflective journal for teachers. Reflective journal to inmprove English.

Words and Phrases

  • A break from something
  • To change sb's view on something 
  • Be inspired by something
  • To bring me out of my shell/myself - to make me confident
----------------------------------
Below links are the first articles of each topic:
Please check out my instagram as well !
----------------------------------

Comments