Reflective Journal example (3): Nice catching-up with my friend in Peru

In this series of entries, I'll share some of my reflective journal examples and the vocabulary I intended to use in each of the entries. 

And today's topic is 'Nice catching-up with my friend in Peru'.

You can use these samples as your reflective journal template. 

Once you find it more comfortable to write your journal, then it will be time for you to develop your own reflective journal format!

Machu picchu, Huayna Picchu, Japanese taravel, life abroad



Reflective Journal example (3)

I had been in Peru for 10 days. I went there to catch up with my friends and do some sightseeing. 

It really made my day and the experience was speechless in a good way.

We visited Cusco, which is located in the middle of Peru and the capital city of the Inka imperial, in the beginning of my trip. 

As you might know, you can see Machu Picchu, one of the world heritage sites. 

It lies at the level of 2,400 m. That made us suffer from altitude sick at first but we got over it after all. 

The scenery was stunning. Nothing can compare with it. 

We also climbed up Huayna Picchu, which is about 300m higher than Machu Picchu and we can see it from the top of Huayna Picchu. 

It was quite tough to reach the top, however it was worth it.

I’m sure you’ll be surprised at how good Peruvian cuisine is. It's been one of the best food that I’ve ever had. 

It was like a marriage of different types of spices, sauces and ingredients. Fresh fishes always made my mouth water

If you get a chance to go to Peru, I would strongly recommend that you have ceviche, one of the Peruvian fishy dishes and my favourite.

Overall, if I’m honest, I got exhausted during the trip every now and then, however the experiences in Peru could be life-changing.



travel to Peru, Peruvian food, Sea Urchin, Peruvian restaurant



Words and Phrases

  • catch up with someone : to meet someone you haven't seen for a while
  • make my day : make me very happy
  • stunning : very beautiful
  • a marriage of things : a good combination of things
  • make my mouth water : make me want to eat something


What is Reflective journal? 

Reflection is very important when you try to change your attitude or future actions. 

The meaning of reflection is learning your lessons from the past

Reflective journal is one of the forms of reflection for students, teachers and nursing purposes, ultimately for everyone who is keen on improving yourself.



How to write Reflective Journal? 

Reflective journal is composed of three questions: What happened? What did you feel/think/learn from it? and What now? 


----------------------------------
Below links are the first articles of each topic:
Please check out my instagram as well !
----------------------------------

Comments