Introduction to 'Teatime Thoughts'

Me being at Machu Picchu in Peru in 2022. I love traveling abroad. At the time, I caught up wit my old uni friends inn Peru working there.

To begin with...

Hi, my name is Masa from Japan. 

I'm going to use this blog to share thoughts and feelings on anything that happens and what I experience in the UK from a unique Japanese perspective. 

So, here's a brief introduction of myself and what I'd like to share in this blog, which will probably change lol. It won't be too long so please have a look!







Introduction of myself

I'm currently working in Leeds, England, as a university employee. 

I came to the UK in 2022 to pursue my Master's degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and I just handed in my dissertation this September! 

I turned 29 this year tbh, not too young I'd say. As you might think, I used to work in Japan for a logistics company for 5 years. 

I've long wanted to work overseas, so in a way, I made one of my dreams come true. 

But also it would be great if I could work in the United Nations or other humanitarian organisations in the future.

As I'm still learning English (deffo for good lol), it would be pretty much appreciated if you could give me any advice, point-out and any comment on my English.







What I'd like to share in this blog

This blog will be fun for everyone but will be very interesting especially for those who:
  • learn English as a foreign language
  • have interests in Japanese cultures and traditions (food, facts, business)
  • think about studying/working in UK
  • lead a sustainable life (food waste, lifestyle)
  • like pets (I have a lovely cat!)
Some topic examples of this blog would be...
  • Reflective journal example in English (I've kept writing journals to improve my English)
  • Sustainability topics (food waste recycling, disposal, lifestyle, etc)
  • Daily life with Japanese food, Japanese culture and traditions
  • Thoughts on news, experience, or whatever I think is interesting to you
If you have anything you want me to pick up as a topic, please do comment!

----------------------------------
Below links are the first articles of each topic:
Please check out my instagram as well !
----------------------------------

Comments